"The PYPP is one of the best programs for Liberia I've seen. It is helping to groom young people with professional skills to show their love for this country by making a difference in the government."
— JOSEPH N. BOAKAI, VICE PRESIDENT OF REPUBLIC OF LIBERIA
Who can be a PYP
The PYPP maintains robust recruitment and selection processes that are merit-based and target the most diverse group of qualified applicants. Applicants should have a reasonable mix of the following criteria:
History of service to community or school through involvement in extra-curricular activities
Law abiding Liberian Nationals (determined by a clean criminal background check) who is not older than 35 years
Recent (up to 5 years) college/university graduate with 1st degree in any discipline and a cumulative grade point average of 3.0
Strong written and verbal (English) communication skills
Friendly, patient, fast learner, self-starter, resourceful, organized and able to work under pressure in fast-paced professional working environment
Punctual and reliable with a commitment to learning and self-improvement
Basic understanding of working with Microsoft Office applications
Strong team player
Applications for PYPP Class IX are now being accepted! The deadline to apply is December 4, 2018. Apply today!
All interested applicants are invited to our recruitment open-house training sessions: “How to write a good essay,” “How to develop an outstanding resume,” and “How to sit in a job interview” on October 2-4, 2018 at 10:00am at the President’s Young Professionals Program office.
Applicants attending the open-house will also get the opportunity to ask questions and get in-depth understanding on the recruitment process. This process is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
how to apply
Read the full application here.
Completed application package should be addressed and delivered on or before close of business (COB), December 4, 2018 to:
Hh K. Zaizay, Executive Director, President’s Young Professionals Program (PYPP)
Airfield, Sinkor, Monrovia, Liberia
For further information, please visit our website: www.pyppliberia.org. You can also send an email to email@example.com or call 0886103213 / 0777511064 / 0886556916 / 0776162217 between the hours of 8am – 6pm weekdays.
- Current CV/Resume
- Recent police clearance (not older than six months)
- Two recent passport-sized photos with your name clearly written on the back
- Most recent college transcript or letter of attestation, indicating the grade point average (GPA) from University
- Three letters of recommendation: one professional, one academic, & one personal
- A letter of motivation answering the following question in 500 words minimum: “Why do I feel best suited for the program and what qualities do I bring?”
- Attend an open house (optional but recommended)*
- Submit full application materials before deadline*
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to sit for the Civil Service Agency test, a computer proficiency test, and an essay test
- Finalists will be asked to return for group and individual interviews